Bioinformatik-Seminar für Humanbiologen
Die Veranstaltung findet auf englischer Sprache statt / The seminar will be held in English language.
During the literature seminar you will be grouped in teams of two people to read a publication of "classical Bioinformatics" and create a report (Expose) and later prepare a presentation.
- Gain knowledge about essential and classical bioinformatics tools and methods
- Understanding of bioinformatics tools and their approaches and methods
- Key steps in the methods and their applications
- Knowledge about how to read and understand a paper
- Literature and methods should be critically examined
Expose / Report:
- Read the publication and understand the method described in it.
- Write an Expose/Report of a maximum of 1200 words and maximum 2 figures/tables.
- Expose should be written in English with the following form:
- Introduction: Leading to the problem and solved question
- State of the art from relevant literature
- Discussion and critical remarks to the publication
- Contact to your 1. supervisor concerning your Report after 2-3 weeks. Until then read and understand the publication.
- Deadline Exposé : 15.06.2020, 12:00; submit via E-Mail to your supervisor
- Prepare a talk based on your publication.
- Talk should be prepared in English with the following restrictions:
- 15 min. talk
- 5 min. discussion
- group members should participate equally
- The aim is to explain the method and application in this paper understandable.
- Use figures from th epublication and / or use other sources or create own figures
- Presentation Date: Begin of July 2020, presentation per Powerpoint or PDF on USB-Stick